Sunday, November 4, 2012

Resume/Credentials

"Who is this guy; what credentials does he have to give us advice!?"

These questions are the kind that pop into my head when I read articles regarding Lifting/Physiology from "new" authors I have never heard of before. Although the gray matter non-sense already dissipates as I find out they have coached 100+ clients, know words that are bigger than my dictionary, and write on T-Nation regularly.

"So what do you offer?"

First of all, I do not have any universal-certification under any major association(s) (NSCA and others). Second, my grammar blows (I confusing past tense with present tense with future tense). Third... okay, time to stop busting my reputation that will soon be T-Nation's poster-boy; let's get to business.


  • I have lifted on and off for 2 years
  • I currently Squat 315, Deadlift 315, and Bench:??? at Bodyweight of ~180
  • My strength and speed is "functional", if that word exists. I have landed 10th place for the 110MH event in Track and Field for Canada Youth
  •  I know words like Starting Strength, Rate of Force Development, Isokinetic Contraction etc..
  • I am always willing to learn; no single person know everything, but that should be their goal - to know everything.
  • I am a very genuine and nice person (although the self-marketing clearly contradicts it) I write very interestingly and usually I am a very fun person!
  • Help a lot around my school gym; I give advice to everyone who needs it (how to ameliorate their voluntary strength/explosiveness, mobility drills, squat/deadlift form check) However I believe the best thing that needs to be learned is the lessening of one's ego and to stay safe working with weights.
Hopefully this list will get longer and longer, like a African rattlesnake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment